Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So purple, you can't see it

Colors are a big part of psychology.  Graphic artists understand this, as do advertisers.  A color can set the mood, or kill the mood.  Have you ever walked into a friend's living room to discover that the walls and ceiling were all painted blood-red?  Or jet-black?  Maybe, but probably not.  Too much of a color can be enough to make someone feel a little nauseous, or induce a headache.  The right color can help relax you.

My favorite color is green.  Dark, forest green, to be precise.  It reminds me of trees.  Based on what I've read, green is the color of the heart chakra, and the energy that comes from it.  Similarly, green in the aura can indicate natural ability in faith healing.  

You can find the importance of colors throughout much of parapsychology, whether it's the color of a nonphysical plane, the color of a spirit guide's clothing, or a prominent color portrayed in a psychic vision.  The soul is supposed to be able to see in perfect color.  

So, what is color?  Color is light.  Color is something our brain uses to sort out different frequencies of light, as the photons hit our eyeballs.  At some point in our species' evolution, natural selection favored this separation of frequencies, which helps us predict the weather, identify plants and animals, and see the blush in the cheeks of an attractive member of the preferred sex.  Those of us that do see in color surely take it for granted.

There's actually a very wide range of light frequencies.  We see purple at one edge of the rainbow, but there are other colors that are so purple we can't see them (whoa!).  Ultraviolet light, x-rays and gamma rays are the purplest things we've got.  The other edge of the rainbow is red, but infra-red is even redder than that.  It's so red, we can't see it.  

There's a mental separation between our rainbow colors and things like ultra-violet, or x-rays, but you have to realize that it's entirely in our heads.  ROYGBIV is not special.  It is not not not special.  There is nothing particularly unique about the visible spectrum, other than it's the frequency range we can see.

Think of it this way.  You go to a gravel pit, and there are chips and chunks of rocks all over the place, ranging from giant boulders to minute sand.  Now imagine a guy sorting through these rocks with a basket slung over his shoulder, measuring each one, and only collecting rocks that were between one and two inches wide.  Then he takes all of these stones aside, and arranges them into seven groups, by size.  He calls the first group red, the second group orange...

Do you see where I'm going?  And other animals have ended up sensitive to other frequencies of light.  Birds, for instance, can see in ultra-violet.  Because of this, they can get certain information through sight that we cannot.  Presumably, information that's important for being a bird.

So, if you were to ask the question, is color a fundamental part of the universe, the answer is no.  Color doesn't exist, any more than a distinction between one-inch stones exists in a quarry.  Even though it's such a big part of our experience, it's just a method of organizing information.

So, with this in mind, I have to wonder why the seven chakras would somehow correspond to the narrow frequency band that humans can see.  I have to wonder, in fact, why our very limited eyes have such a sway in the non-physical universe.  Why do people who believe they have left their body been saddled with this limitation?  Is this something we have to carry on into the afterlife?

And if your soul uses light to see after you're dead, you had better hope that its vision is 20/20, because I don't imagine there are any optical shops in heaven.  

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. My testimony on how i won £4,000,000 with the great help of Dr Davi powerful lottery spell: Call him +1 (206) 785-9633

    It's unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your website. For the past 14 years, I have been looking for a way on how i will win lottery. Money situation was one of the biggest problem to me. I had a huge amount of debt and I didn't know what to do. Out of complete and total desperation, I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic to win the lottery, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and none were as wonderful, affectionate and warm as Dr Davi has been. He is definitely different from the others and I felt immediate hope and strength from hearing about the promises he had to offer. He carries an air of purity and divine strength that is as pure as fresh snow on the ground. I requested Dr Davi most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders,i won (Four Million pounds) my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. My life change over night,i now have my own house and two cars,also i am free from my debts. Dr Davi, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. If you are there and you need a powerful magic to win the lottery,Dr. Davi is the right person you need to trust and work with,i promise you that you will also win and share your own testimony. You can contact him via email:

    Spelltemple@fastmail.com Call or text him +1 (206) 785-9633

    Website: http://spelltemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. powerful herbal healer called Dr. voodoo who use his natural herbs to cure
    my HIV disease I suffered from 5years, but now I am a happy woman and i am
    free from this disease that has been problem to my living, after using Dr.
    voodoo herbal medicine within 1week i was diagnose negative, I will
    recommend Dr. voodoo to everyone reading this article because this herbal
    healer is capable to heal anything below.

    1. Diabetes
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. Lymphoma disease
    5. Conceived a child
    6. Fibroid

    Email Dr voodoo at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com add Dr. voodoo on
    whatsApp: +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete